Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:41:24 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath0 timeout problem - again

> check this message:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-December/031216.ht=
ml

> run "/usr/src/tools/tools/net80211/wlandebug/wlandebug -i ath0 power" and
> see if one of the hosts on your wlan has powersaving turned on.
>
> "stops forever" was not one of my symptoms though, so your issue may be
> different...

thank's for your answer
powersaving is not the issue here because it's off

But I saw histories about this and even if powersaving issue "was the issue=
 in=20
that case(really?)" I think this is wierd in any way because if ONE station=
=20
with powersaving on could set the AP in DoS ... man ... if really true this=
=20
is kind of lame excuse or kind of driver weakness which both would be=20
inacceptable, and, if it does NOT wake up if in sleep state ... no further=
=20
comment, but a driver weakness right?

wether powersaving is on or not on the station/client  is a local setting t=
o=20
this station  and must not influence any remote computer in any way, imagin=
e,=20
you turn on your powersavings and the complete internet goes down on your=20
request hihihihi :)

but then, like my case, on the AP or better ath in ap mode, even IF=20
powersaving is ON it might stop working for any related reason but firstabl=
e=20
NOT WHILE TX/RX and secondable if idle it must return soon THIS computer=20
wants to transmit any kind of traffic again

 last but not least powersaving might shut the power down but must return w=
hen=20
necessary - if not - there is a driver problem.

Jo=E3o