Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:48:17 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Andrew Lankford <arlankfo@141.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about a simple (?) sendmail configuration

On 2002-06-29 15:54 +0000, Andrew Lankford wrote:
> So my question is how does one set up sendmail so that it can only
> pass on local messages to the system mail queue and
> smtpserver.myisp.com?  The latter can be done easily with any crumby
> windows email client.  I had it working a while back, but with the
> recent changes (yes, probably for the better) I'm at a loss.

Edit your sendmail.mc file (or wherever you keep your master config)
and add this line:

	define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.otenet.gr')

Regenerate your sendmail.cf and restart Sendmail.  An alternative way
of doing the same thing is by editing sendmail.cf itself.  Search for
the line that reads:

	DS

and change that to the following:

	DSmail.isp.com

This is equivalent to using a SMART_HOST of `mail.isp.com'.

- Giorgos