Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 23:21:02 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and IP tunneling

In article <199610310142.MAA25644@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au> you wrote:
: Julian Assange stands accused of saying:
: > Are there as yet no userland tools to do this? It seems like something that
: > should be addressed. What about IPIP? Writing can be done easily enough with
: > IP_HDRINCL, but how do you go about reading such packets short of bpf?

: You route to an address assigned to a local tunnel interface, and talk
: to the back end of the tunnel.

 For the less technically slanted iijppp does PPP over TCP which can be used
 to interesting effect.  It works.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds