Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:49:59 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum write spanning

I'm hoping there is an easy answer to this one...

Is there some way vinum can be tickled such that it writes to all disks
in a plex at once?  For instance, say I have a 6 disk RAID5 array
that I'm writing a 200MB file to.  Is there some way I can make
vinum attempt to write data to all of the drive simultaniously?

If vinum already does that I'm probably just saturating the PCI bus
and there's nothing more I can do, but it seems like I should have
a tougher time saturating the bus with 5400RPM drives...

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer