Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:57:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which X-window to choose?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, R Joseph Wright wrote:

>One thing is, how come Kde only comes with a small handful of themes
>when built using the ports?  When I was running linux mandrake, I had no
>fewer than 20 themes that came with Kde.  The same is true of
>enlightenment under FreeBSD.  There isn't even the "clean" theme that
>goes so well with Gnome.  This is in fact a big reason I won't use
>Gnome.

Funny you should say that  :-)  I came over to FreeBSD from Mandrake as
well.  And i loved all the themes and the KDM login manager with all its
fancy controls.  I switched around OCT 1st, right after 6.1 came out.

I think Mandrake just caters more to the desktop user, with more themes
and toys.  Go to www.themes.org, and DL themes till your heart's
content!  They work well, and i have found all my favorites there,
including the Gotham theme for KDE that also is available for WM.