Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:09:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Nader Turki <nturki@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TNT2

	This is more of an Xfree86 issue so I recommend checking their
site too.  The TNT2 has only generic support (ie not specifically card by
card.) that may or may not work well for that card.  I would personally
recommend against it though.   I have a cardex Riva TNT2 M64 and the best
resolution I can get in X is 800x600 even though the card and monitor can
do 1600x1200.  I've heard the M64 is a "weaker" version of the TNT2 so
that may be part of the problem.
	I want a card that works better, so I'm going to search through
XFree86's site and mailing lists and find the cheapest card I can that is
well supported and try that.  FWIW Matrox cards are supposed to work
really well with XFree86, I just don't see any very cheap yet.

					Tim