Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:37:26 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GVim + GTK2 (was: Re: an apology...)

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>If you are going to use any of obrien's work, a repo copy is in order.
>If, however, you plan to make a slave port of vim, you don't need a repo
>copy, but you should probably get in touch with obrien first.  In fact,
>contacting obrien might be a good idea either way. He may be amicable
>to adding the patch to the current port.  It teeters between CVS and
>release with all the additional patches anyway.

I will email to obrien and ask if he's working or planning or whatever. You
are right, I should ask him. If he doesn't has any of plan, then I will ask
for repo copy if David (the author of vim-gtk2) doesn't want to create a new
project over at SourceForge or whatever. David told me that he is thinking
about it and will let me know in the next email.

>(Note, the GTK 2 patch does not apply to the current editor/vim :-( ).

Oh bummer... Maybe, it has to be use the whole patches? The editors/vim
doesn't grab the whole patches, btw. I will try to test patch the whole
patch files, then patch the vim-gtk patch. Hope, it will work. Check at
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/ , it has too many patches for 6.1.. :-|

Can I do like backup vim->vim.orig, then use whole patches (above ftp link)
to vim, then diff the vim and vim.org. After that, put like patch-aa in the
vim-gtk2/files/? Rather than fetch the whole patches? Sorry, if I keep try
to find the another way, because I do really think it's silly to fetch each
patches.

If there's no another good way, then the best result is to wait and
patience, until vim-gtk2 merges in the VIM CVS tree. I don't mind to install
them by myself, thought.

Cheers,
Mezz