Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 09:12:23 +0200
From:      Michael Aronsen <mar@netcentralen.dk>
To:        "'freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mylex controllers

Hello,

Ii just want to thank everybody for the response to my question.

Now i have another one though, we are currently planning to purchase some
new servers and the SGI 1200 servers look pretty good and we have gotten a
great price on them so i was wondering if anyone could help my find out
whether or not FreeBSD could run on these servers and use the backplane in
it.

Here's some info on it: "The SCA midplane uses Qlogic's GEM processor to
implement the SAF-TE (SCSI Accessed Fault Tolerant Enclosure)
specification."

I dont know if this is enough information so here's a link to some more
info:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_bin/ebt-bin/hdwr/nph-infosrch.cgi/in
fosrchtpl/SGI_EndUser/1200_UG/@InfoSearch__BookTextView/717;he=0?DwebQuery=1
200

And you can search for "1200" at
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/browse.cgi and find even more
info.

It might be possible that i can get a server to put FreeBSD on before we buy
these and test it, but i dont know yet.

I know this isn't really a lot of informatio to find out, but if anyone
could give me any sort of info on how i might get it working or whether or
not it would work i would be a very happy little boy :)

Michael Aronsen