Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:10:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        "Wills, Ken" <kwills@gflesch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: esound port's esddsp

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Wills, Ken wrote:
> I messed with this a while back - eddsp is a shell script. At the time
> it looked like it needed a semi-colon seperating filenames. Note the error
> you get when you try to run it and look through the script. Put a ';'
> between
> the two libraries towards the bottom. It worked for x11amp and xmms for me
> :)

	That got me past the error.  Thanks.  Maybe I'm just using it
wrong, but I still can't get it to give ound output.  Using xmms's esd
plugin makes it crash as soon as it tries to play.  Likewise, xanim never
appears on the screen.  It briefly appears in the "top" display, but then
leaves the top 10 (or so) processes and the shell doesn't give back a
prompt (it continues to sit at "./bin/esddsp xanim
~/docs/pokenom/puff.mpg" waiting for the program to exit).

	Any ideas?  Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly?

						Jaime