Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:07:00 -0400
From:      "Michael J. Kearney" <mkearney@nvita.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kodak C195 digital camera appears to affect WD on usb

Lol .gov i would guess the kernel will hang if a questionable usb device co=
ntroler is present. .. i have a similar problem with a dell poweredge serve=
r... so if like so many uptime concious users logon on to this machine, the=
y would have the same problem. Bummer. Have you tried crtl-alt-backspace? I=
 would advise logging onto xwindows from another machine first thereby isol=
ating the problem. Lol .mil

Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Steven Friedrich wrote:

> I know I wasn't clear in my original mail, but after this AutoSense faile=
d, I
> get LOTS of g_vfs_done errors.  I don't get them if I don't plu in the ca=
mera

>> Mar 22 01:12:21 laptop2 kernel: (da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): AutoSense failed
>> Mar 22 01:12:21 laptop2 kernel: g_vfs_done():da0s1f[WRITE(offset=3D57809=
30560,
>> length=3D16384)]error =3D 5
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Lot's and lot's of these.
>
>>    Da Rock said:
> It appears to be a routine attempt to determine a usb device by devd.
> Assuming you are trying to access the camera, are you able to mount it?
>
> I just got the camera a week ago.  When I first connected it, it would
> automatically create da1-da3.  Now it doesn't.
>
> It used to get detected with gphoto2 --auto-detect as  a Generic PTP came=
ra.

> I don't know if I changed a camera setting to cause any new behaviour, bu=
t I
> looked at them.  No setting for mode like PTP.

Setup/Computer Connection menu in the camera.  According to the
really vague online manual, anyway.