Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:46:02 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        Zhiui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ptrace(PT_GETDBREGS) message in remote debugging

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:30:51PM -0500, Zhiui Zhang wrote:
> Thanks. I tried this on FreeBSD 4.2-Release (because I do not have a
> stable or current), but I failed:
>
> # make
>
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb
>

> cc: ../libbfd/libbfd.a: No such file or directory
> cc: ../libopcodes/libopcodes.a: No such file or directory
> cc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb.
>
> What should I do?

Hmmm, looks like you haven't built world on this machine.  No worries,
just do this:

	% cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils
	% (cd libbfd && make)
	% (cd libopcodes && make)
	% (cd libiberty && make)
	% (cd gdb && make && make install)

This should build the missing libs and then gdb should link correctly.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
bsd@FreeBSD.org