Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 07:30:14 -0400
From:      Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_libs & ldconfig (Bad address) not working ?

I don't recall exactly what I did to break it, but I am having trouble with
my linux_libs.  Running the linux ldconfig gives the following:

odin# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib (Bad address),
skipping
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /lib (Bad address), skipping

If I completely remove and reinstall the linux_lib-2.6.1 port, I get
essentially the same error message during the installation phase.  Running
a Linux binary of quake2 (which used to work perfectly) results in:

odin# ./quake2 +set dedicated 1
./quake2: can't open cache '/etc/ld.so.cache'
./quake2: can't load library 'libdl.so.1'

Can anybody tell me what's going on?

PS- I don't know if it's related but I seem to have UNREFerenced files on /
, and no matter how much I run fsck, it won't get rid of them or pronounce
the filesystem clean.  I don't see how this could be directly related, as
/compat/linux is actually a symlink to /usr/compat/linux (for space
reasons).  Have I F'ed up my system?

Thanks,

Tom Embt
tom@embt.com