Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 20:50:31 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>
To:        Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rc.d startup scripts

Le 2000-05-07, Mike Nowlin écrivait :

> stuff that sends SIGHUP to Apache.  Gated got it right - add a simple
> program (gdc) that does the extra stuff.  If we could get the ports

Bind has that as well with 'ndc', and apache with apachectl.
Such helper scripts are indeed very useful, and it owuld be quite
nice to have them for the standard subsystems -- I found find
it far more convenient to type eg 'amdc restart' instead of
'killall amd && . /etc/rc.conf && amd -p ${amd_flags}' :)

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux ** quinot@inf.enst.fr
              ENST   //   46 rue Barrault   //   75634 PARIS CEDEX 13