Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 00:17:10 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using connect() on UDP RPC client sockets.

Well there's SCTP ...

I have a general comment/question:  Is there a policy on when it is
appropriate to create a FreeBSD-only feature?  I can certainly
see it when there is a big win to be had.  A feature like this,
though, if not likely to become part of Posix/Single-Unix or
whatever the term is these days, is of questionable value.
Can anyone realistically see bind or ntpd being modified to take
advantage of it when running on FreeBSD?

Use of such a feature buried in FreeBSD's own rpc code is different,
I suppose.

Barney Wolff