Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:29:15 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port removal procedures?

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Mark Linimon wrote:

> The expiry dates are really just intended as heads-up for users.  The
> date you set was unusually generous :-) (I usually pick 2 months).  So
> if no one has spoken up before now I hardly think it is necessary to
> keep it around longer.

OK.

> Note that we are still in ports freeze while we wait for more people to
> test the current set of packages before we tag the tree, so "in a couple
> of days" may be somewhat optimistic.

So let's stretch "couple" to some two-digit figure. Doesn't really
matter -- I can then file one PR with both the bogofilter update and
bogofilter-tdb removal after the freeze. The bogofilter update is
neither urgent nor important for FreeBSD, so it can wait until after the
freeze.

(In fact, I have difficulties with ral(4) on RELENG_6 aka -BETA2, LOR and
loss of TCP streams in mid flight and such, I think these are more
important to clear than dropping a port.)

--
Matthias Andree