Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:54:04 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/cam/scsi scsi_da.c src/sys/i386/i386 busdma_machdep.c vm_machdep.c src/sys/i386/ibcs2 imgact_coff.c src/sys/i386/include param.h src/sys/i386/isa isa.c wd.c src/sys/kern imgact_elf.c sys_pipe.c sysv_shm.c vfs_bio.c ...

>On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, David Greenman wrote:
>
>> dg          1998/10/13 01:24:45 PDT
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     sys/cam/scsi         scsi_da.c
>>     sys/i386/i386        busdma_machdep.c vm_machdep.c
>>     sys/i386/ibcs2       imgact_coff.c
>>     sys/i386/include     param.h
>>     sys/i386/isa         isa.c wd.c
>>     sys/kern             imgact_elf.c sys_pipe.c sysv_shm.c
>>                          vfs_bio.c vfs_subr.c
>>     sys/vm               default_pager.c device_pager.c
>>                          swap_pager.c vm_glue.c vm_map.c vm_mmap.c
>>                          vm_pager.c vm_pager.h vm_unix.c
>>                          vnode_pager.c vnode_pager.h
>>   Log:
>>   Fixed two potentially serious classes of bugs:
>
>David, I'm having the inetd type problem on a system I can't bring to
>current, it's using a kernel from back in August, but I was wondering if
>it might be worth my while to see if these changes might possibly
>backport that far, without breaking other things.  Could I get your
>non-binding guess on that, would it be worth my time to see if I could
>do that?
>
>It's the problem that seems to be caused by starvation.

   It shouldn't be too difficult to port the changes to an August kernel. It
is possible that this commit might fix the problem, but I'm fairly skeptical.
It would probably be wise to wait and see if someone who is running up-to-date
-current and was having the inetd problem can do some testing first. If the
problem persists for them, then you'll save some porting work.

-DG

David Greenman