Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:29:23 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        craig@progroup.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Karl fulminates, film at 11. == thanks

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> The people here are working very hard and they are NOT paid for all
> the extra hassle that this kind of security scare engenders (most are
> not paid to deal with ANY FreeBSD related hassles).  To heap abuse and
> scorn on them for something they have given you for free strikes me as
> both ungrateful and petty,

It is perhaps also sobering to observe that the loudest voices demanding
that the _unpaid_ volunteers do something for them came from people who
are _making_money_ from FreeBSD, who have claimed to have the sort of
resources to support the ogoing development of the _entire_system_ by
themselves and yet _cannot_even_generate_a_four_line_diff_correctly_
when challenged to do something or shut up.