Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:38:00 -0500
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exim Socket Bind Problem

In article <F16C1C3F6AB8D311998F00C0DF266AE7E1FD@OPTIC>,
Michael Bartlett  <cataract@eye2eye.net> wrote:
: I've just got rid of sendmail and slapped Exim onto my FreeBSD box. It seems
: to work fine except for this which keeps creeping up in my exim_mainlog
:
: 2000-01-20 12:48:11 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any) failed:
: Address already in use: waiting b
: efore trying again
: 2000-01-20 12:48:12 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any) failed:
: Address already in use: waiting b
: bash-2.03#

I've seen this thing after a reconfiguration -- exim forks a new
process and until the old one dies, you get that message. Other
things might be causing such a fork. I'd regard that as a bug but
a minor one, and one that you should be able to ignore without
harm.

--
Bill Wells              bill@twwells.com
I'm looking for work: Unix/C since 83, Internet since 89, FreeBSD