Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:47:22 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        sayed twaha hussain <stwahah@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for Students

On Saturday 29 June 2002 06:12 pm, sayed twaha hussain wrote:
>  Hi dear sir
>
>  I am IT faculty incharge in my Institute
>  in Karachi Pakistan.
>  We are group of Engineers and training
>  our students for Operating Systems.
>  We are also interested in FreeBSD like Linux
>  especially to train our networking students for
>  FreeBSD also.
>  But there is no any material available in my
>  region for FreeBSD.
>  We need guidance from your side, because we are
>  giving training only in Open Source world.

The main resource for FreeBSD is the Handbook and other documents at
www.freebsd.org.  There are also several books available on FreeBSD which you
could probably order - _FreeBSD Unleashed_ or the soon-to-be-released
_Absolute BSD: The Ultimate Guide to FreeBSD_ might be of interest, as might
the _FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide_.

There are no books (besides the Corporate Networker's Guide, perhaps) written
about FreeBSD networking specifically, but standard books on UNIX networking
should give you most of the details you need.

The source code is also an invaluable resource, once the basics are
understood.

Unfortunately none of these resources, online or print, are in Urdu, but I
suppose most people online these days speak English fairly well.  However,
anyone who felt like translating the docs could get involved with the doc
team.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago