Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:03:13 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on mozilla PSM build

I guess I spoke too soon. My previous solution works only if you leave
the port in place. This is because psm has hard-coded paths to shared
library dependencies because of the fact that dependent .so files are
mentioned by full path in the link line.

The solution to this one is to look for the section of the Makefile in
security/psm/server that sets a Solaris and an everything-else
alternative for setting NSPR_LIBS. You'll see the Solaris one says
something like

-L$(DIST)/lib -lnspr4 -lpldc4 blah blah

and the non-solaris alternative references something else. Switching to
the Solaris semantics fixes the problem.

Here's what it looked like when I got done:

ifeq ($(OS_ARCH), SunOS)
NSPR_LINK_LIBS = -L$(DIST)/lib -Bdynamic -lnspr4 -lplc4 -lplds4
XPCOM_LINK_LIBS = -lxpcom
XPCOM_LIBS += $(DIST)/lib/libz.$(DLL_SUFFIX)
else
NSPR_LINK_LIBS = -L$(DIST)/lib -lnspr4 -lplc4 -lplds4
XPCOM_LINK_LIBS = -lxpcom
endif

So I guess it would also work to do the first choice if it's SunOS or
FreeBSD. I couldn't figure out the gmake syntax for that, though.

So now I have a working psm build of mozilla that works even with a make
clean in the port dir! :-)