Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:52:18 +0000
From:      Paul Breslaw <paul@breslaw.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Dimension 2400

I've just bought myself a nice spanking new Dimension 2400.  My first tas=
was to get RedHat Linux 8.0 running on it.  My second task will be to get=
=20
FreeBSD 4.9 also running on it.

Getting Linux going was a pain.  The X server didn't work, nor did the
Ethernet board.  I managed to solve both of these problems with a lot
of searching on the Web. =20

The X server problem was solved with a fix to XFree86 offered by Intel.
I suspect this fix is portable, so will also work with FreeBSD.

The Ethernet problem was solved by my discovering that the board is
made by Broadcom (BCM4400)  who also offer a Linux device driver,
but not one for FreeBSD.

What options do I have - if any?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards