Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:42:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Lumos <slumos@nevada.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM questions

Hibernation works great for me, which is especially cool since it
inexplicably stopped working in Windows several weeks ago.  I'm wondering
about a couple things:

Should I be able to use the APM specific hotkeys (e.g. Fn-F12 to hibernate
on my ThinkPad 1452)?

I configured the Xstartup/Xreset files to chown /dev/apm and /dev/apmctl
to the X user so they can run battery monitors, zzz, etc.  Is this
considered the right thing to do, or can it be a bad thing?

Steve