Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:09:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Slater <olyar@yahoo.com>
To:        Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject:   Re: Network backup solution

One way is to use NFS to mount the root directory of
the FreeBSD server into a directory on the Linux box
(e.g. /mnt/FreeBSD).  Then just backup that directory
like you would back up any other directory in Linux
(look at the man page for tar).

Check out the NFS howto at:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO.html

=====