Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:07:14 -0500
From:      "altu faltuz" <altufaltuz@mail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Req: Video Caching Solution

Hello,

I would like to know how to go about setting up a video caching solution.

I have a Video streaming server, and 3 geographically distant locations.
I want to be able to use the caching facility to provide video on demand
to all my users. Full or part caching of videos could be done at their
locations, so that they would not feel the lag. Another option would be
to have the videos synchronised at each of servers at the different
locations.

The main issue is the users base. I have currently 500 users. My videos
are DVD quality and therefore require a 10Mbit/s bandwidth per user per
video. Worst case scenario, all users watching the complete set of 50
videos at the same time. How do I go about doing this?

Anyone done this before? Or maybe you could point me in the right
direction.

Thank you all.

--=20