Date:      01 Jul 1998 15:07:43 +0200
From:      smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did the chicken cross the road?

Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com> writes:
> > WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
> > [...]
> I've thought of a couple:
>
> UNIX chicken - been crossing the road for 30 years without causing a
> crash
>
> Linux chicken - there's so many breeds that one is bound to get run over
>
> But I can't think of one for FreeBSD

Hmmm...

UNIX Chicken: Of course it could cross the road, but there are already
tools to tear down the road and build it back up on the other side of
the chicken, so why bother?

Linux Chicken: Thanks to the cooperation of thousands of volunteer
chicken from the Internet, there is now an ostrich on the other side
of the road.

FreeBSD Chicken: You mean the chicken is on the wrong side of the
road? Just file a PR and we'll get around to it, eventually.

DES (one of those who may eventually get around to it)
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com