Date:      26 Aug 2002 16:07:10 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java broken after upgrading linux_base

Hi all,

I had installed linux-sun-jdk14 yesterday and it was working. I was
able to compile and run java applications.

Last night I upgraded linux_base to linux_base-7.1. The reason I did
this was that I had installed linux-mozilla (so that I could use a
java and a flash plugin) and it complained about GLIBC version
availability.

After upgrading linux_base, I am able to use mozilla, but Java appears
to be broken. Trying to run a class produces the following output:

$ java HelloWorldApp
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0_01-b03 mixed mode)
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505002AB
#
Abort trap (core dumped)

Trying to compile a .java file produces similar output :

$ javac HelloWorldApp.java
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0_01-b03 mixed mode)
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505002AB
#
Abort trap (core dumped)

Any ideas on how I can fix this ?

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    Everything to excess. To enjoy the flavour of