Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:09:10 -0500
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How Do You Turn Off Moused

You should try to configure moused for your mouse before you decide to
kill it.  Get it working in console, once it works simply assign proto
as auto and device as /dev/sysmouse in XF86Config.  More convenient that
way, otherwise when you are in console you will have no mouseablility.

* E. J. Cerejo <ejcerejo@yahoo.com> [010319 12:05]:
> I've trying to install XFree86 4.02 but as soon as I
> start it the mouse pointer shoots up to the top left
> corner and through reading some posts it seems that
> turning this Moused thing off will do the trick.  I
> have an IBM ActiveScroll Mouse which under windows
> 2000 picks it up as a Microsoft Intellimouse and works
> fine.
>
> Another problems is that xf86config and startx is not
> on my PATH, to start these things I have to go to
> /usr/X11R6/bin and do ./startx or ./xf86config, how do
> you put these things on your PATH so they start from
> anywhere?
>
> Thanks.

  / //_(_)__  _http://www.kingsqueak.org _/ /__
            /___/      /_/GPG KEY finger