Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 17:59:50 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GLUI v2 beta

This kit is interesting, perhaps someone with time may offer some
feedback to the author ? (If you have even more time feel free to port
it :-)

enjoy,
	Pedro.
______________

Good news - GLUI version 2.0 is now out in beta!  You can get it from:

        http://www.cs.unc.edu/~rademach/glui

It includes the following new features:

  * GLUI controls within the main graphics window.
  * Functions for cleanly destroying GLUI windows and subwindows.
  * Functions for hiding and showing GLUI windows and subwindows.
  * A sync_live_all() for automatically synchronizing all live variables
        in all GLUI windows simultaneously.
  * Rollouts - collapsible panels for reducing onscreen clutter
  * Listboxes - allow the user to choose from a number of text options
  * Rotation and translation controllers - for interactive 3D
applications

The included program example5.cpp shows off all these new features.

This version should be pretty stable, but it will invariably contain
problems that I was unable to catch (that's why it's still beta).
Please let me know what bugs you run into, so I can fix them for the
final release.

So have a look, and tell me what you think!

Cheers,
Paul Rademacher
rademach@cs.unc.edu
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~rademach/glui