Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:14:31 -0600
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk Striping

I just got my news server up and running INN (thanks to everyone that
helped), but now I'm looking for a better way of dealing with it.  I've got
3 Fast/Wide 4gb disks to hold news.  It would be a lot easier (and better
performance) if I could stripe (or span) the /var partition accross the 3
disks instead of having to guess as to how to partition each drive and into
what sizes.

The question:  Is there a way to stripe a partition across multiple drives
in FreeBSD?  If not, does anyone know of a FreeBSD like OS that will do it?
Preferably NOT Linux.

Thanks,

Darrin R. Woods                       |   dwoods@netgazer.com
Director                              |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.              |   http://www.netgazer.net
Dallas, Texas                         |

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say