Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:29:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Clarence Brown <clabrown@granitepost.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 4.1 lockup at isa0: on reboot

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Mike Silbersack wrote:

:
:On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Clarence Brown wrote:
:
:> problem. An obvious difference is that during
:> the reboot process the ATI Mach32 VGA board
:> resets and does a characteristic "blink" on the
:> screen with Red Blue and Green color bands during reset. When the
:> earlier heat related problem was evident the reboot froze before this
:> point.
:
:Interesting, I didn't know there were other issues with the board.  If I
:recall, the problem I was having on warm boot was related to the IDE
:drives not working right too.  Perhaps the BIOS is configuring the system
:in a peculiar way on warm boot that the promise bios / fbsd 4 don't like.

I had a 486 that didn't reset the ISA bus on warm boot.  There was a
pretty good chance that the network card wouln't work until the box was
power cycled.  It might well be that you have something similiar going on.

David Scheidt