Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:25:00 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        ray@redshift.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Tyan Thunder K8SR w/ Adaptec 7902 under AMD64

[please don't cross-post]

On Sat, 2005-Mar-19 02:56:17 -0800, ray@redshift.com wrote:
> In the meantime, I was trying to confirm the Adaptec 7902 chipset used on the
>Tyan board is fully supported in FreeBSD AMD64.  Does anyone know off hand?

ahd(4) states it supports the AIC7902 and is included in the amd64 GENERIC.
I don't have either and so can't comment on how well they work together.
See also http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-amd64.html#DISK

>  Unfortunately, I
>do not have an AMD machine here at the moment, so I can't check the Kernel
>config file.

The kernel sources include all variants so you could look in
/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC.

--
Peter Jeremy