Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:10:45 +0200
From:      "dzodzo@lain.sk" <dzodzo@lain.sk>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11-rdp support in X.Org

Greetings,

i'm trying to set up and xrdp server to connect to my xfce desktop =20
with microsoft rdp client. I'm only able to connect with Xvnc server =20
because X11-rdp binary is missing.

This applies to FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE and 8.1-STABLE.

There is a howto for X11-rdp to build it from sources for older =20
version of X.Org here =20
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/xrdp-authenticates-b=
ut-does-not-load-x-server-rdp-592138/ but this doesn't compile on my =20
system.

There is a directory called rdp in this distribution, however in =20
current xorg-server 7.5 sources this one is not present anymore. I =20
have found a note in the mailing lists regarding X11rdp =20
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039803.html =20
and it seems dmx server is some kind of replacement? Can anyone =20
confirm it can be used somehow with xrdp?

There is little to nothing written about X11-rdp so i fear it's =20
already not developed anymore but maybe some skilled programmer could =20
check the source code for the older version and adapt it to current =20
release?

Juraj Bocinec