Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:33:51 +0200
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HELP] IPless VLAN interfaces

As I have said before I am using VLAN on FreeBSD ,which is obviously
802.11Q, connected to a switch configured with VLAN 802.11Q ports attached
to the FreeBSD Box on one side thru the ethernet interface of that box.

On the other side on the same swtich I have vlan ports (802.11Q obviously)
which untag packets and deliver them to the boxen behind these VLAN

here is a small picture (I hope this does not gets mangled)

                        802.11Q

--------------+       +--vlan1--+         +-------------+
--------------+       +--vlan3--+         +---+------+--+  vlan3
                                              |      |     802.11Q
                                            port2  port3
                                            vlan1  vlan2
                                           802.11Q 802.11Q
                                              |      |
                                              |      +---Host2

                                              +---- Host1

fxp0 has IP in a /24
vlan1 has no IP
vlan2 has no IP
vlan3 has no IP
Host1 has an IP in the same /24 as the fxp0
Host2 has an IP in the same /24 as the fxp0
Host3 has an IP in the same /24 as the fxp0
802.11Q untagging is done at the port2 , port3 and port4 of the switch

I add route using the "-iface" option of the "route" command in order to
obtain a route that point to each vlan.

All of this works under Linux but not under FreeBSD

I hope this clarifies what I am trying to do