Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:44:20 -0500
From:      "Douglas A. Kramer, M.D." <dakrame1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   4.1 make kernel

Hello,

I recently installed release 4.1 on my intel hardware.  The installation
proceeded fine but I am having problems building a new kernel.  I have
attempted to build the GENERIC kernel without modification and get a
error code 1 with syntax errors in kern/tty.c.  My steps are
1) config GENERIC
2) ../../compile
3) make depend
4) make -- here is where it fails

The non-generic version of my kernel also fails at the same place.  Any
help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Trevor Kramer