Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:34:32 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Graeme Brown <graeme.brown@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Net (FreeBSD.Org) List" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sending email from FreeBSD

Graeme Brown writes:

> I have tried to send a test email to myself (graeme.brown@bt-sys.bt.co.uk)
> which should be forwarded to my  mail account on another system  but it  never
> reaches the destination !
>
> Can anyone elighten me as to what is wrong or what I need to check out ?

	1) What do the maillogs say ? (tail -f /var/log/maillog is your friend)
	2) What does sendmail in test mode say ?

	(try the following:

	% sendmail -bt
	ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
	Enter <ruleset> <address>

	... and enter "3,0 your@email.address".  What's the output ?

	Try this from the host your are sending from.

	3) What does "dig mx bt-sys.bt.co.uk" return on your machine ?

	We need more info to help you.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.