Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:45:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bryan Swann <swann@nosc.mil>
To:        Lance Hartford <lhartfor@mtghouse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/su modification time changing

I believe there are three different times associated with each file,
creation time, last access time, last modification time.  I assume your
message came from tripwire or a similar tool.  You can use options to the
ls command to determine which of the times have changed.  You may find
that you need to alter the 'time' your security check monitors for.

Best of luck.

| Bryan Swann (swann@nosc.mil)  803/974-4267   803/974-5080 (Fax)          |
| Eagan McAllister Associates, Inc.                                        |
|  "Everything must be working perfectly, cause I don't smell any smoke"   |