Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:38:56 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Wayne M Barnes" <stabilizer@klentaq.com>, "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New sed breaks ports

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne M Barnes" <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
Cc: <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:16 PM

wb> Dear corecode,
wb>
wb>     I did a complete cvsup including the ports.
wb>     I did a complete make world.
wb>     I did a complete generic kernel install on the laptop.
wb>

scs> > you didn't install world (at least not sed), but you installed
the
scs> > kernel. big mistake. sed didn't have -i for 4.6.2 and below;
it was
scs> > MFC'd after this release. 4.7 will contain sed -i.

Did you do 'install world?' after the three steps you mentioned
above?

KDK