Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:13:05 -0400
From:      Skip Ford <skip@menantico.com>
To:        Greg Black <freebsd-nospam@yaxom.com>
Cc:        Jerahmy Pocott <quakenet1@optusnet.com.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD-RW doesn't write

Greg Black wrote:
> On 2008-06-10, Joe Kelsey wrote:
>
> > I have never managed to use burncd with any drive.
>
> Just for the record, I've been using burncd successfully with a variety
> of drives from the early days of FreeBSD through to at least 7.0-R, so I
> doubt if the above means very much.

I certainly used to use burncd(8) to burn anything on any drive, but it
hasn't worked for me for years now.  Last I knew, it was known to be
broken for 5.0 with a fix in the works at some point after that, but I've
checked occasionally since then with different drives and it's still never
worked.  Using atapicam(4) with burning tools from ports always works.

--
Skip