Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:50:11 +0200
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice-1.1 build more broken than usual on 5.2-CURRENT

> Actually, we'd probably want to get them into $(OPTIMIZER), though
> that's not really correct for things like -pipe.  I also don't know how
> to cancel a variable definition once it finds its way into MAKEFLAGS.

Hmm... passing OPTIMIZER the way you suggest only makes sense if it's
something that gets used inside the mozilla sub port. And even then, if
mozilla is not optimized properly, that should not hurt too much, as
it's only used for address book synchronization anyway. Plus, since the
main port doesn't actually touch CFLAGS but derives them from the
environment (/etc/make.conf), so will the subport. It should be able to
derive any OPTMIZIER settings it needs by itself. Passing them from the
main port is not the right way of doing it I think.

- Bartosz