Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9122: patches for xv fail, Makefile broken.

The following reply was made to PR ports/9122; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To: phoenix@calldei.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:40:02 -0600 (CST)

 On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, System Administrator wrote:

 [...]
 # >Synopsis:       patches for xv fail, Makefile broken.
 [...]
 #
 # 	Makefile has missing -I opt in the CCFLAGS, at least 1 patch fails.

 In /usr/ports/graphics/xv/Makefile?  I don't see a *FLAGS
 in there anywhere.  I have revision 1.31, which do you have?

 # >How-To-Repeat:
 #
 # 	Go to /usr/ports/graphics/xv and 'make'.

 Just did and it works great for me.

 # >Fix:
 #
 # 	Add -I/usr/X11R6/include to the CFLAGS in xv's Makefile.  Also add -L/usr/X11R6/lib.
 # 	The patch for xvjpeg.c is *BAD* and it should be removed as it prevents the file from
 # 	compiling properly.

 I did a grep on all of the patches and it didn't turn up any
 references to xvjpeg.  Can you try 'make clean' first and
 then a 'make' and see what happens?  If that doesn't work then
 create a tarball of the port and send it to me.

 cd /usr/ports/graphics ; tar czf - xv | uuencode xv.tgz > tarball

 Thanks.

 -steve