Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:27:12 +0100
From:      Matthew Bayliss-N3D <matthew.bayliss.01@bbc.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3C589 Network card.

Hi I've been having some trouble setting up a network card un FBSD
4.0-release.

I have a 3Com3C589D PCMCIA network card and a Dell Latitude Cpi.

I have had this configuration working before but I had to reinstall my OS
due to a crash and I'm having trouble now.

I seen to remember the device used to be zp0 but I think its changed to ep
in FBSD 4.0 (which is built in my kernel)

anyway, here's some config files.....
the rc.conf and pccard.conf files were pulled off my previous install so I
assume the settings are correct.

***
kernel config file:

device		ep

device		card
device		pcic0	at isa? irq10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device		pcic1	at isa? irq11 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd0000 disable

***
rc.conf

pccard_enable="YES"
network_interfaces="lo0 ep0 tun0"
ifconfig_ep0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"

***
pccard.conf

# Generally available IO ports
io	0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq	3 10 11 13 15
# Available memory slots
memory	0xd4000  96k

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
#	config	0x1 "ep0" ? ?
	config	auto "ep0" ? ?
	insert	logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com Etherlink III inserted
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove	logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com Etherlink III removed
	remove	/sbin/ifconfig $device delete

I hope this is enough info.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Matt

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.