Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:59:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Levels of Indirection <root@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding sb sound support to 2.1.5 kernel

Hello.  I'm trying to get sound support on my 2.1.5 box.  I added the
following lines to my kernel config file:

# sbxvi: SoundBlaster 16
# sbmidi: SoundBlaster 16 MIDI interface
device          snd0
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5   #broken?
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

It configures without complaint, but make coughs and dies with the
following messages:

soundcard.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_select' referenced from text segment
soundcard.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_init' referenced from text segment
sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_read' referenced from text segment
sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_write' referenced from text
segment
sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_open' referenced from text segment
sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_release' referenced from text
segment
sound_switch.o: Undefined symbol `_MIDIbuf_ioctl' referenced from text
segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

What am I doing wrong?