Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 18:16:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        gnome <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gnome2: gnomepanel doesn't find Xinerama.h ...

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Franz Klammer wrote:

> Joe Clarke wrote:
> >>
> >>ps: does anyone know how long it wold take to port evolution and galeon
> >>to gnome2?????
> >>

> > As soon as they;ve released GNOME 2 versions of the application, we will
> > begin porting.  For now, you can still use your current versions of galeon
> > and Evo with the GNOME 2.0 desktop.
> >

> evolution depends on many gnome1-ports(e.g. gnomecontrolcenter,
> gnomecore). are you shure that there is no possible gnome1/2-conflict?
> i stopped the install, remove all gnome-ports ans install gnome2 from
> the beginning because (i think) i can remember you write something
> about conflicts.

It does depend on those ports by way of the USE_GNOME macro.  However,
that should be trimmed down.  As far as I know, evolution does not depend
on gnomecore or gnomecontrolcenter for anything.  However, FreeBSD may
enforce those dependencies.

> i have found a other problem with sawfish-ui:
>
>  > sawfish-ui --group=appearence
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: Undefined
> symbol "pthread_equal"

This should be fixed by upgrading to the latest librep2.

Joe