Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 12:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PT boards, and PCI concurrency/streaming/burst?

I'm seeing a bit of a problem with a PT2000 board with a P5-90 in it, (now
a PT2003 with a P100), and am wondering if disabling the PCI
concurrency/streaming/burst parameters could have a noticeable affect on
performance?

More specifically, does FreeBSD take advantage of these capabilities?

I'm seeing a corrupted filesystem fairly regularly, yet I've swapped
hardware and RAM, so I think it's more a BIOS setting issue.

But I don't want to wander around changing settings that make no
difference.

Any tip appreciated.

Card are a SMC etherpower 100, 2940-UW, 2940, and some crappy PCI video
card.

64MB's RAM, freebsd-current.