Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 20:06:39 +0300
From:      Roman Jasin <cityangels@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   connection drops after some time

I guess the problem is my ISP, but I'm not sure about that. Plus those
guys aren't very helpful, so I'm hoping to fix it w/o them. It proved to
be the fastest path in the past.

Here is what happening with my FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE box, running Apache,
sshd, and sendmail. It becomes inaccessible from outside world after
less than an hour if I'm not doing something on it. As soon as I access
something from it, whether via http or simple  ping, it comes back
online and you can see it from the outside. It looks like it forgets
ISP's default router address. APM is not an issue simply because it's
disabled. I tried everything, even replacing the NIC and the box itself.
I'm on RadioDSL with BreezeAccess antenna, and like I said I don't have
problems with the accessing Internet. The problem is that the outside
world can't 'see' my server if I don't access the Internet from it for a
while.
Hope it makes sense.

Any help is very appreciated,
-Roman