Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:00:06 +0100
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: environment variable for resolv.conf anyone?

This is my only message in this thread, it's out of topic.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 01:58:59PM -0600, Lars Fredriksen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find myself connected to multiple networks and domains all the time,
> and was wondering if anyone has solved (without using a chroot
> environment) using a different resolv.conf for different shells?

Have you thought about running your own non-authoritative DNS? If you use
djbdns, this gives you the added benefit of being able to easily specify
which DNS is authoritative for special, local domains. In general, having
your local, caching-only (in bind parlance) DNS gives you better security
and flexibility, and it's very easy to maintain. All of my machines, clients
and servers, run like that, and I never had any problem.

Bye,
	Andrea

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!