Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:04:02 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:
>We should re-hack PAO code to separate by functionallity.  And let's
>post -mobile and -current for reviewing.

I think that would be an excellent idea.  Break up PAO into self-contained
diffs against the 3.1 tree, based on single units of functionality.  This
would have three positive effects:

 1. It would be easier for FreeBSD core team members to evaluate the quality
    of the changes, and apply the acceptable ones to the tree.  This method
    would result in the greatest amount of PAO being integrated in the
    shortest amount of time.

 2. It would be easier for volunteers to find small, easy-to-handle projects
    to work on to bring the PAO code up to higher quality.  This would result
    in more people working on more features.

 3. People who only needed specific features from PAO could install only the
    parts they needed, which would make it easier to handle parallel tracking
    of PAO and -STABLE.

	-Michael Robinson