Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 22:34:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   fsck dumping core!

Hi folks,

	We had an unexpected power outage that left the filesystem on one
of my boxes corrupted enough to need a manual fsck to come up.  My problem
now is that fsck dumps core at the same point repeatedly at the same
point.  As a result, I have no /usr partition.  Doh!

	Does anyone have any suggestions?  Am I SOL?  If someone out there
wants to debug the problem so that it is fixed, I would be more than glad
to assist.  A core dumping fsck is a _very_ scary thing to have on ones
system.

	This is not an important machine, so I am not pressured to fix it
immediately.  I'd like to resolve the problem properly before forgetting
about it.

	Lastly, it is a 2.2-STABLE-980118 based system.

thanks,

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,