Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:43:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT), Piero@piero.inet.it, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, bugs@warlock.win.net, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: A "FreeBSD" Daemon

> What are you waiting for, SUE THE BASTARDS !
> :-)

I know you're just joking, but I just thought I'd jump in here and say
that I'd be sad if someone did.  Why?  Because then Microsoft would,
in typical large company fashion, come down on the heads of the
programmers who put the easter eggs (as they're called) in the
Microsoft products, and this would be a sad day for all concerned.
One of the few "human" things about the Microsoft products (and there
aren't many) are these little hidden treats, and if Microsoft started
nuking them then other folks like Lotus would follow suit and before
long things would appear again as they did during the reign of the
Blue Suited Ones.  Dull and boring!  One pogrom a century is enough,
thank you! :-)

					Jordan