Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:21:14 +0100
From:      regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcvt/132 columns

Michael Smith (msmith) ecrit/writes:

> I have a window open at the moment that's 250x135.  I can still read
> the clock at the bottom of the screen telling me it's time to go home
> and eat.

	See ?  The clock's a major inconvenience ! :)

> Huh?  Who has their monitor resyncing?

	Err, mine.  I got this 17" brand called KFC (No joke!), albeit
	with a trinitron tube (though that doesn't mean much nowadays).

	2 sec wait (clunk! 2sec... new mode).

> He didn't.  I did. 8)

	Woops.

> No, GPM couldn't be imported; it's Linux-console-specific.  And it _was_
> to shut up the ex-Linux GPM fanatics that moused was written.  So there 8)

	At clear-stated purpose  :-)

> *shrug*  Even just a little work to fix what's actually wrong with the
> current design would be great 8)  Just take some time to work out
> what really needs to be done, rather than jumping whatever the current
> trend claims is The Right Thing.  Not so easy I guess.

	I _have_ thought before jumping on this, _with_ my ever-present technical
	ignorance, knowing that the concept of using SVGATextMode was considered
	bad, etc...  Just thought there was some good work done, and it was worth
	considering.

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld   /   Systems Administrator   /    regnauld@prosa.dk ]-